How to donate to HOPE via The Big Give Campaign
- The Big Give Campaign donation link is now live and will finish at 12 noon on Tuesday 5th December.
- Please enter your donation amount, contact details and payment details.
- You will also be asked to set up a password and receive a confirmation email receipt.
- There will be a 15 minute time limit to complete your donation to ensure that funds can be matched for HOPE (and doubled).
- Please note that matched funds are limited, but even if HOPE reaches the limit of matched funds available, you can still donate to HOPE (but your donation won’t be doubled).
The Big Give Campaign will raise funds to
Empower Street Connected Girls and Young Women in Kolkata
Young girls living on the streets and in the slums of Kolkata are extremely vulnerable to violence, abuse and sexual exploitation. They lack protection and access to basic services and skills. HOPE’s programme will provide them with access to basic rights, and empower the girls to fulfil their potential.
The street-connected population in Kolkata are among the most disadvantaged people in the world. Among this population, young girls are the most deprived; often invisible in society, they do not have access to basic rights, or the skills to access education, protection and healthcare. These girls are frequently discriminated against and are extremely vulnerable to abuse, exploitation, child labour and child marriage. Girls are often engaged in rag-picking or domestic chores from an early age and many are not enrolled in school (or are forced to leave).
The funds raised from the Big Give Campaign will help to empower and enhance the social status of marginalised girls from slum and street-connected families. HOPE’s programmes will provide them with access to basic rights: education, nutrition, healthcare, protection and provide them with training to enhance their lives and employability. HOPE will provide the girls with vocational training and skills to prepare them for economic independence and ensure an all round holistic development to enable them to become empowered adults with an improved self-reliance, self-worth and skills.
“I have witnessed the extremely difficult lives that street-connected children and slum communities endure in Kolkata, India. These children desperately need our support, and I encourage you to help by donating to this year’s Big Give Campaign, which will fund a programme to empower vulnerable girls in Kolkata”.
Christopher Biggins – Actor and HOPE Ambassador
HOPE’s Big Give Campaign is kindly championed by The Coles-Medlock Foundation.
HOPE’s vision is of “a world where it should never hurt to be a child”, please help us to continue to make this vision a reality.