Join Team HOPE at the Virtual 2023 London Marathon
Take part in the Virtual London Marathon on 23 April 2023 and raise funds for HOPE. You could be one of over 100,000 people taking part in the world’s biggest marathon to complete 26.2 miles in 24 hours.
Participants of all abilities have the opportunity to complete a Marathon, as the 26.2 miles need to be completed over 23 hours, 59 minutes and 59 seconds. This Marathon is unique as it can be walked or ran, and there is even the option to pause and take breaks!
All finishers will receive the same coveted TCS London Marathon medal and T-shirt as the live London mass event which takes place on the same day. Runners will also get audio support and route tracking on the Official App, powered by TCS.
By joining Team HOPE you will help to make a positive and lasting change to the lives of children and communities living on the streets and in the slums of Kolkata, India.
Date: Sunday 23 April 2023
Start time: Complete the 26.2 miles in 24 hours (00.00hrs to 23.59hrs BST)
Registration Fee: Suggested donation of £15* – register here
Minimum Fundraising Target: £250**
Join Team HOPE #GOHOPE
* The registration fee (payable directly to HOPE) will cover the VLM entry fee, and give access to the Official App and the London Marathon finisher’s medal and T-shirt.
** Places cost HOPE at this event, so a minimum fundraising target is important to not only cover costs but also ensure funds are raised for the street-connected children in HOPE’s care.
The Virtual Route
- All participants must complete the 26.2 miles outside. You must not use a treadmill and the Official App is unlikely to work in an average-sized garden – you need to run at least 50 metres before changing direction for the Official App to be able to track you.
- You must start and finish between 00:00:00 and 23:59 (BST) on Sunday 23 April, and can break your run into as many sessions as you like by using the pause function on your tracking device. Your official result will be based on your total elapsed time.
Join Team HOPE and benefit from:
- Ongoing support and encouragement from HOPE’s Fundraising Team, including regular communication and support in promoting your fundraising efforts on HOPE UK’s social media #GOHOPE.
- Materials to support your fundraising; including a HOPE T-shirt to wear on day.
- An official finisher’s medal and T-shirt for taking part in the Virtual London Marathon.
- Access to the Official App, powered by the London Marathon’s Official Technology Partner (TCS), due to launch in September.
- The achievement of running in an iconic marathon and the pride of fundraising to help some of the most vulnerable families and children in Kolkata, India.
- Helping HOPE to realise its vision of “A world where it should never hurt to be a child”.