Run for HOPE at the Virtual 2021 London Marathon
Take part in the Virtual 2021 London Marathon on 3rd October and raise funds for HOPE. You could be one of the 100,000 people taking part in the world’s biggest marathon to complete 26.2 miles in 24 hours.
Join Team HOPE and help to make a positive and lasting change to the lives of the children and communities living on the streets and in the slums of Kolkata, India.
Date: Sunday 3rd October 2021
Start time: Complete the 26.2 miles in 24 hours (00.00hrs to 23.59hrs BST)
Registration Fee: Suggested donation of £35* – register here
Minimum Fundraising Target: £500**
Join Team HOPE #GOHOPE
* The £35 registration fee (payable directly to HOPE) will cover the VLM entry fee, access to the Official App, your London Marathon finisher’s medal and T-shirt.
** Places are sought after, so the fundraising opportunity at this event is invaluable to HOPE.
The Virtual Route
- All participants must complete the 26.2 miles outside. You must not use a treadmill and the Official App is unlikely to work in an average-sized garden – you need to run at least 50 metres before changing direction for the Official App to be able to track you.
- You must start and finish between 00:00:00 and 23:59 (BST) on Sunday 3 October, and can break your run into as many sessions as you like by using the pause function on your tracking device. Your official result will be based on your total elapsed time.
Join Team HOPE and benefit from:
- Ongoing support and encouragement from HOPE’s Fundraising & Events Manager, including regular communication and support in promoting your fundraising efforts on HOPE UK’s social media #GOHOPE.
- Materials to support your fundraising; including a HOPE t-shirt to wear on day.
- Support on the event day from Team HOPE at our official cheer station on the VLM route.
- An official finisher’s medal and T-shirt for taking part in the Virtual London Marathon.
- Access to the Official App, powered by the London Marathon’s Official Technology Partner (TCS), due to launch in September.
- The achievement of running in an iconic marathon and the pride of fundraising to help some of the most vulnerable families and children in Kolkata, India.
- Helping HOPE to realise its vision of “A world where it should never hurt to be a child”.
By registering for a place on HOPE’s Virtual London Marathon team you are agreeing to our Event Terms & Conditions .