The Hope Foundation UK has a position available for a Fundraising and Events Manager. This is an exciting opportunity to channel your energy and enthusiasm into raising much needed funds to provide essential services for street connected children and slum communities in Kolkata.
This is a home-based role (must be within reasonable travelling distance of London) which is part time, based on 4 days / 30 hours a week. The salary is £30,000 – £35,000 pa, pro rata, dependent on experience.
About the Role
Reporting to HOPE’s International Fundraising Director, the key responsibilities of your role will be to
- Raise funds for HOPE through maintaining, developing and growing existing donor and supporter relationships
- Identify new donors and supporters, through proactive networking and exploiting relevant fundraising opportunities
- Design, plan, manage and deliver an events and fundraising programme
- Support, direct and liaise with HOPE volunteer fundraising committees and supporters
- Raise awareness about the work of HOPE
- Liaise with HOPE trustees, Ambassadors and Patrons
- You are an ambitious fundraising professional, with a ‘can do’ attitude, who has a passion for the work of HOPE.
- You can plan and manage multiple fundraising activities with measurable outcomes
- You have a proven and demonstrable track record in raising funds via the design, management and implementation of public events.
- You have a warm, open personality with a positive attitude, a readiness to engage and the ability to put people at ease
- You are experienced in developing and maintaining donor and supporter relationships
- You are a natural team worker, happy to work across boundaries and adaptable in dealing with people of varying backgrounds and the differing needs within HOPE’s supporter base
- You are a clear and effective communicator, both verbal and written
- You have excellent presentation skills
- You work effectively and efficiently on your own initiative, with the ability to receive /accept direction
- You are well organized, efficient and resilient, able to handle pressure and prioritise competing tasks
- You are a self-starter, capable of working both alone and remotely with the ability to plan and problem solve
- You are proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel and data recording
- You have a working knowledge of GDPR compliance and data protection
Application deadline is Monday 24th Feb 2020 9am. Interviews will be held in London week commencing Monday 2nd March 2020.
Applications can only be accepted via the CharityJob website, click the button below to find out more and to submit your application.