About the Experience
HOPE’s successful photography workshops continue in Kolkata in 2018. We have been running these for a number of years and we are very lucky that Mark Seymour has again agreed to train this year’s photography workshop.
You will be guided by Mark and the team from HOPE to unique places in Kolkata for photography including to places which are only accessible with the team from HOPE. You will also visit some of HOPE’s projects and meet some of the children and young adults that we work with as part of your overall experience in Kolkata. £500 of your course fee goes towards HOPE projects.
The workshop is a very memorable experience with past participants recommending the course highly. You can get up, close and personal and learn to take amazing photos with celebrated photographer Mark Seymour.
You stay for 5 nights in a secure private house with bedroom and bathroom. Each day a minibus will take you to/from the areas of photography.
Each day after the photography sessions we meet and relax in comfortable surroundings to review the day and the images taken.
What to Bring
- Camera and lenses, wide angle lenses recommended with one around 35mm
- Your camera and spare batteries (Mark shoots all week with just a 24 /35mm prime lens)
- Laptop with photo-editing software
- Travel essentials suitable for India
- Comfy shoes. A lot of walking is involved
- Snack bars to eat during the day
- Pocket money. Food will cost no more than £6 per day ( probably a lot less ! ) as we normally eat at The Hotel each evening together with a freshly prepared local meal. The recommended hotel is approx. £25 per day.