India is the country that gave the world the gift of yoga; let’s give something back.
Join our Yoga Movement for HOPE on International Yoga Day to help raise funds and awareness for programmes with street-connected children in Kolkata, India.
Whether you practice yoga as a student or a teacher, you can get involved!
Yoga inspired fundraising ideas to get you started!
If you practise yoga
- Set yourself a target of yoga poses, such as 100 Sun Salutations in a month!
- Hold a competition with friends and family to show off your most advanced yoga positions.
If you teach yoga
- Dedicate a class to HOPE and invite students to donate
- Hold a class at an unusual location – like a beach, in a city square, or a local landmark.
- Hold a family yoga day – make your event fun by offering family, senior or toddler lessons.
- Host a Yoga-thon – with 24 hours of classes over a weekend in various Yoga disciplines.
To get started
Set up a Just Giving fundraising page for HOPE here (or click the button below): https://www.justgiving.com/hffsc
Get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org who can support your fundraiser by providing HOPE materials, publicity and ideas.
However you choose to celebrate International Yoga Day and support HOPE, street-connected children in HOPE’s care in Kolkata will benefit and their lives will be improved.
HOPE’s holistic approach
HOPE is more than just an organisation – it is a community of individuals with a passion to make real and sustainable change to some of the world’s poorest and most neglected people. HOPE believes in a holistic approach to education and the all-round health and well-being of the children in our care, and this includes regularly practising yoga in HOPE’s Residential Childcare Centres.
Hot yoga news for 2024!
HOPE UK and the Yoga Garden Party will be co-hosting a Yoga Retreat in India in 2024 with visits to HOPE’s projects in Kolkata. If you would like to hear more, then please register your interest by emailing email@example.com.